In Epsidoe 15, 5 Green Dreamers shared shocking statistics and simple tips we can take to help fight plastic pollution. In this episode, I share what we currently know about microplastic pollution and its impacts on our health and the health of our planet, as well as 2 things we can do as individuals to start addressing this more challenging and lesser understood issue.
Let’s dive in.
Subscribe to Green Dreamer Podcast on iTunes or wherever you listen to podcasts and together, let’s learn what it takes to thrive in every sense of the word!
- 18 of 18 beaches around the world tested to have microplastics.
- 1/4 of fish tested in markets in California found to have microplastics.
- Microplastic pollution on land is 4 – 23 times greater than in our oceans.
- Disease-causing organisms can be carried by microplastics and spread this way.
- Toxic effects of microplastics on marine microalgae
- “Microplastics have been detected not only in seafood, but also in salt, sugar, and beer.”
- 33% of indoor microfibers were found to be plastic-based.
- GUPPYFRIEND for filtering out microplastics when washing clothes.
Are you working on an innovative solution or project to address microplastic pollution, or know of one you’d like to share? Contact us and let us know so we can support these projects together!